Re: Installing bash-completion by default in F-16

On 06/03/2011 09:22 AM, Reindl Harald wrote:
> Am 03.06.2011 18:06, schrieb Peter Gordon:
>> Perhaps that is true; but what I believe Kevin is trying to convey is
>> that we (the Fedora community) should not and cannot stifle our progress
>> for the sake of some 3rd-party proprietary stuff.
>
> and it HAS NOT to make UNNEEDED changes to make their use harder
> hopefully nobody will tell me okular/[evince] support all pdf-features
> and this from e user which does not use acrobat reader but there
> are [people] out there which have no choice - so why make
> their life harder?

At least in the case of Evince, it is true that not every PDF feature is
supported yet. However, I believe it would in Fedora's best interests to
fix the issues in the Free (libre) alternatives so that using AcroReader
would no longer be required, rather than let that proprietary
application direct further progress.

This sort of situation has happened previously. For example, when Fedora
13 was rawhide, there was a major update to the X.org/OpenGL stack that
broke the Nvidia and ATi proprietary drivers.
--
Peter Gordon (codergeek42) <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Who am I? :: http://thecodergeek.com/about-me