hamster applet in gnome-shell

Hi,

First of all, let me apologize if this is the incorrect place to ask.
I've asked on IRC and got little or no response that actually helped me.

In gnome 2 there was an amazing tool called hamster-applet. Now, since
gnome 3 doesn't support applets anymore, i notice i'm missing
functionality. Sure, the hamster-time-tracker program can be used
stand-alone, but i really miss having a status in the top panel to see
what the current activity is.

My question is, since i have absolutely no knowledge of javascript, is
there anyone who could create a simple gnome-shell extension that
displays the current activity (if any) in the top bar / panel?

Thanks in advance :)

kind regards,

LÃon