Re: systemd errors being reported

On Wed, 25.05.11 23:05, Paul Brewer (walterhurry@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Adam Williamson at RedHat suggested I post here, so please don't be too hard on me.
>
> I have a couple of systemd units which are reported as in error:

> [palooka@f15 ~]$ systemctl list-units --all --no-pager|grep error
> ip6tables.service         error  inactive dead          ip6tables.service
> livesys-late.service      error  inactive dead          livesys-late.service
> [palooka@f15 ~]$ sudo systemctl disable ip6tables.service
> Couldn't find ip6tables.service.
> [palooka@f15 ~]$ sudo systemctl disable livesys-late.service
> Couldn't find livesys-late.service.
> [palooka@f15 ~]$

Those services are simply referenced by other units, but we couldn't
load them because they didnt exist on disk, which we indicate in the
second column which is "error" for them. The second columns refers to
the "load state", i.e. whether a unit could be loaded successfully.

To make this less confusing we actually hide them on output. But you
turned that off by using "--all", i.e. you asked explicitly to see
them.

BTW, systemctl is smart enough to detect whether it outputs on a
terminal and will not do autopaging if you pipe it to something else,
i.e. drop --no-pager in the command line above.

> As can be seen above, when I try to "disable" them, systemctl tells me
> that it can't find these services. So what I want to know is why are
> they being reported as in error, and how can I delete them, or
> otherwise remove them from the scope of systemctl?

> Is there a problem?

No. ;-)

Lennart

--