Re: Security release criterion proposal

On 5/18/11 1:22 PM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Adam Williamson wrote:
>> # There must be no known remote code execution vulnerability which could
>> be exploited during installation or during use of a live image shipped
>> with the release
>
> This is just completely and utterly moot considering that there are going to
> be many more unknown vulnerabilities than known ones, and that several of
> those are inevitably going to come up during the 6-month lifetime of a
> release.

The difference between a known and an unknown security bug is that, if
_you_ know about it, it's virtually certain that someone malicious
already does too.

We can't avoid unknown risk exposure.  You're arguing for ignoring known
risk exposure entirely.  Seems a touch irresponsible.

Also: twelve month.

- ajax