Re: informations about boot sequence (Re: F15 - mysql start problem)

On Wed, 11.05.11 17:19, Nicolas Mailhot (nicolas.mailhot@xxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> Le Lun 9 mai 2011 17:26, Tom Lane a Ãcrit :
> >
> > MichaÅ Piotrowski <mkkp4x4@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> >> Ok, I know what is happening. I looked at the init script and I
> >> realized that it doesn't have any LSB header info about boot process
> >> order.
> >
> > No, it's assuming that the chkconfig numbering takes care of that.
> > Are you saying that systemd no longer honors the chkconfig ordering?
>
> not really, when there are mixed sysV and systemd services

It uses the /etc/rc*.d/Sxxyyyyyy ordering (i.e. the xx) in a pair of
SysV init scripts where both lack LSB ordering info to order one against
the other. If at least one of the two has a LSB header, or at least one
of the two is a native service file we ignore that priority value
assuming that the ordering information supplied is all that is needed.

So yeah, if your services both are really old the priority value is
used, otherwise we assume your configure dep data is correct.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.