Re: Avoiding conditioning ignorance towards AutoQA

On 04/28/2011 02:00 AM, Kamil Paral wrote:
>> Keeping the current way will just make me (and possibly others)
>> add filters to throw away messages from AutoQA. Please be aware of
>> how much contributor time you waste by making them hope through
>> useless (because the tests have passed and no information is
>> gained) mails. I realize you want to improve things, but at the
>> current stage its consuming the most valuable resource we have,
>> packager/developer time.
>
> We will certainly improve that. But for the near future I don't see
> much ways to change the notification system (using Bodhi comments).
> We can either have it the way it is or disable it completely (we
> can't use opting in/out, we must operate on all updates or none of
> them).
>
> I believe the current state is good enough to have AutoQA comments
> enabled, even though it's not perfect. You may disagree. If many
> maintainers claim they would rather have AutoQA completely disabled,
> we can do it. But the current state helps us fix the tests
> tremendously. In the mean time, we work on improving the AutoQA
> architecture.
>
> As a simple workaround for you (and maybe for some others), why don't
> you define a simple mail filter that detects an AutoQA Bodhi comment
> and marks it as read if it contains PASSED comment? That will save
> you from wasting time reading them.
>
> Another option is to work with Bodhi authors to implement your ideas.
> It will be great if you do.

To add a little more detail, we are working on this [1], but I don't
think that any fix will make it into the production systems for at least
a week or two.

Until that happens, the best workaround that we can suggest is to use an
email filter like Kamil suggested.

Again, thanks for your feedback and patience.

Tim

[1] https://fedorahosted.org/autoqa/ticket/314