Re: Suggests/Recommends proposal [Was: Re: PackageKit in Fedora 15 (beta)]

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 12:47, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> tim.lauridsen@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> The hard part is to define what the package tools should do in the
>> different cases
>> A depsolver need to work with real requirements, so it need to be defined
>> in what cases that a soft requirement will become a real requirements to
>> do the right thing
>
> See my proposal.

My problem with your proposal is that it is not crazy enough. It is a
lot of work for marginal gain and doesn't really bet the farm enough.
I would prefer a proposal that Fedora 17 will be based off of Conary
or .debs as it is crazy enough to work.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
battle." -- Ian MacLaren