Re: Retiring perl-Text-Aspell

Jerry James wrote:
> I would like to invoke the EOL process for perl-Text-Aspell in
> Rawhide.  I will continue to maintain it in Fedora through the F-15
> lifecycle, and in EPEL through the EPEL 6 lifecycle.  The package is
> already semi-crippled in EPEL 6, since only the aspell-en and
> aspell-sk dictionaries are available in RHEL 6.
>
> The packages that depend on perl-Text-Aspell in Rawhide are:
> acheck
> moodle
> xinha
>
> The packages that depend on perl-Text-Aspell in EPEL 6 are:
> moodle
>
> These packages should be migrated to perl-Text-Hunspell.  I will wait
> 1 week before retiring perl-Text-Aspell in Rawhide to give the
> maintainers of these packages a chance to decide what to do.  If one
> of you would like to take over maintenance, I will orphan the package
> instead of retiring it.
>
> Regards,

Hi, moodle maintainer.

I just took a quick look through 2.0.2, and I don't see where the
limited Perl present uses perl-text-aspell, so it may just be a
hard-coded Requires that I can drop.  Can someone with stronger Perl-Fu
take a gander and confirm this for me, please?

-J

--
in your fear, seek only peace
in your fear, seek only love