Re: disabling -Werror on a autotools based build

On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 5:16 PM, Ralf Corsepius <rc040203@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Packages adding -Werror by themselves are poorly designed. Contact their
> upstreams and tell them they are doing it wrong.

I pointed them to this (very informative) thread

> In some (rare) cases, packages adding -Werror have --disable-werror option
> or similar.

I also provided them a patch to add --disable-werrror

> For packages which are based on autoconf only, patching Makefile.ins could
> be a solution (the Makefile.ins are source files), in automake-based
> packages, the appropriate files to patch would be the Makefile.am (The
> Makefile.in's are generated).

Thanks. I actually patched Makefile.am for now in my package; they
will surely fix the (not harmful) warnings once they move to gcc 4.6

--
Gianluca Sforna

http://morefedora.blogspot.com
http://identi.ca/giallu - http://twitter.com/giallu