NetworkManager 0.9 leaves sonames unchanged?!

Hi,

I noticed that the sonames for NetworkManager didn't change between 0.8.2
and 0.8.997. This is very bad because those builds are clearly not binary-
compatible, given that applications needed to be patched for the new NM. And
it allows a yum update to leave the system in a state with broken networking
because of mismatched NetworkManager and kde-plasma-networkmanagement/
kdebase-workspace. I could work around this with versioned dependencies in
the KDE stuff, but shouldn't the soname be bumped in case of binary
incompatibility?

I think that, just as in the MySQL case, the best way to proceed is probably
to bump the soname now and rebuild everything depending on the old soname.

        Kevin Kofler