Re: gnome-disk-utility default in admin-tools

Christoph Wickert (christoph.wickert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) said:
> Indeed, I got a mail, but you didn't mention admin-tools and claimed to
> "remove this cruft from the base-x group, and place it, where relevant,
> in the appropriate desktop groups."
>
> In fact what you did is quite the opposite, at least for
> gnome-disk-utility: You moved it into a common group and made it
> default. You should have mentioned that explicitly because it is not
> obvious from the patches as they don't give enough context.

???

The *attached patchset* in that mail clearly says:

    Move system-config-* tools from base-x to appropriate desktops.

    In Admin tools, make s-c-network optional, and swap gnome-disk-utility
for s-c-lvm.

Not sure how you get 'moved it' out of that, or that it wasn't 'mentioned
explicitly'.

system-config-lvm was default in admin-tools, as a storage configuration
tool. However, it's not maintained except for critical fixes, and is
not getting any new feature development. gnome-disk-utility *is*
maintained, and is getting new features; it's already a much more generally
useful tool than s-c-lvm ever was, and will get more LVM bits as the
LVM integration in udev gets further along.

> I think it is already useful, but first of all I prefer to not have any
> of them installed by default.

Then your kickstart probably shouldn't be including @admin-tools to begin
with; that seems a much simpler answer.

Bill