Re: Plans for BTRFS in Fedora

Hi Lennart,

   > My hope is that one day we can ship a read-only root dir by
   > default, or more specifically a btrfs file system with three
   > subvolumes in it: one read-only one mounted to /, and two
   > writable ones mounted to /home and /var, with /tmp mounted from
   > tmpfs.

I can see the motivation for having root be read-only if you *aren't*
using btrfs, but if we have a btrfs subvolume for the rootfs which is
snapshotted every time we perform a package/admin operation (and
perhaps also just on regular intervals for good measure), what would
we then gain by adding a read-only rootfs to the mix?

Thanks,

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb@xxxxxxxxxx>