Re: Minutes/Summary from today's FESCo meeting (2011-02-23)

On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 20:02:48 +0100
Lennart Poettering <mzerqung@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This list does not mention bus services at all. Traditionally they
> weren't really that visible and if they were bus activatable they were
> always enabled with no way to disable them. With the advent of systemd
> we now ideally make them visible in the list of active services like
> any other service.

Yeah, I noted that in the meeting...

> Traditionally bus activated services were enabled by default. I think
> this kinda made sense, so I don't think this new policy should now
> force the maintainers of udisks, pk, CK, upower and so on to disable
> their services by default. That would be backwards.
>
> And yupp we have more bus services on a default fedora install than
> non-bus services.

Whats the easy way to list them?
To show if they are set to start by default or not? (or does that make
sense for dbus at all, since they would start when asked to?)

kevin