Re: state of systemd in Fedora and services pledge

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 01:10:43PM -0500, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 12:39 PM, Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > The scriptlets that we currently have do not work in testing.  I have tested
> > the migration path from a sysv init script using service to an upgraded
> > package using systemd unit files and that doesn't work.  at some point
> > someone also needs to test the upgrade between systemd unit file using
> > services but I personally haven't had time for that yet.  The FPC ticket has
> > the steps that would constitute a good test of those services.
>
> This is a live yum upgrade?  That not working doesn't seem hard
> blocker to me - we currently recommend preupgrade which is non-live
> for precisely these kinds of reasons.

No.  This is an upgrade of a single package from one that has sysv init
scripts to a later version that has systemd unit files.  If this isn't
working, then chances are good that any of the whole-distro upgrade methods
are going to fail as well.

-Toshio