Problem on package installation

Hi there.

Finally I found the time to upgrade my FC1 box to FC2t3 (I should mention that this has been a RH8 box with Ximian and RH 9 before) via "apt-get dist-upgrade". This worked pretty good until some Gnome packages where about to be installed:

On some packages I got error message about missing DTD for some help files as it seemed that oasis-open.org has been done (or maybe still is). The installation took awfully long then since it was waiting for the timeout on each file. I ended up in adding www.oasis-open.org to my hosts file to point to a local webserver with an immediate 404...

An example error message looks like:

error : Unknown IO error
/usr/share/gnome/help/gedit/zh_TW/gedit.xml:9: I/O warning : failed to load external entity "http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/docbookx.dtd";
]>
^
/usr/share/gnome/help/gedit/zh_TW/gedit.xml:908: parser error : Entity 'tilde' not defined

The first lines appear once per file. The latter line once per entity in that file -> very often. It clutters the screen and takes a loot of time.

The packages I know of that have this problem (the installation ran unattended and I did not see all packages) are:

gnome-media (very long)
gnome-applets (also very long)
gedit
file-roller

I looked at the gedit spec and I assume the scrollkeeper is causing the problems here...

First I thought this should be done at compile time but as it seems this updates the search database and the like? Maybe then it would be a good idea to install a local copy of the DTDs needed to avoid such problems.

	Tim

--
    Tim Niemueller <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>      www.niemueller.de
 Imagination is more important than knowledge. (Albert Einstein)