Re: Minutes/Summary from today's FESCo meeting (2011-02-02)

On Wed, 02 Feb 2011 23:14:09 +0000
"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" <johannbg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 02/02/2011 10:14 PM, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> > Also, something has to happen when the packages are installed...
>
> Hum not following here as in why is there a need for something to
> happen beside the packaging getting installed?
>
> I would think that the same thing would apply here all services off
> so the user can shoot himself in the foot instead of us doing it for
> him.

...snip...

Well, there are some few things that probibly should be allowed to
start by default for the proper functioning of the os. (dbus, udev,
cronie, etc).

I think it's fair to have a 'default off' for anything thats network
facing or requires configuration to be useful. The user can enable it
to start when they configure it to be useful to their setup.

kevin