Re: Module ohci1394 not found

David T Hollis wrote:

For what it's worth, I was able to build and load the firewire modules
against 2.6.5-1.347.  I used the latest ieee1394 branch from subversion
using the attached Makefile.  I have not actually tested connecting any
firewire devices but my experience with other recent kernels was that

The ieee1394 branch from subversion was merged into one of the recent mainline kernels (I think it was between 2.6.6-rc2 and 2.6.6-rc3). I have been using vanilla 2.6.6-rc3 with firewire enabled and I have had no problems whatsoever. My maxtor external hard drive works as well as my internal one.

So I guess that for people that really require firewire capability, compiling their own kernels might be necessary (as it is for people who want Nvidia binary drivers or NTFS to work - I happen to need the three of them ;)).

Cheers,
Ismael