Re: openjpeg-1.4, abi break

On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 2:59 PM, Rex Dieter <rdieter@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I plan on importing openjpeg-1.4 into rawhide soonish (say early next week),
> which involves an abi break. ÂAffected packages that will require rebuilding
> include:
>
> blender
> blenderplayer
> freeimage
> gdcm
> koffice
> openslide
> poppler
> xpaint

Something thats been nagging at me, since we're talking about an ABI
break anyway. There may still be a dumb-assed patch (by me) in the
Fedora package that prevents fiddling with the "bool" type, the
original code has some preprocessor logic that aliases "bool" to "int"
or something, but then this may cause an ABI problem with binary
portability between fedora and !fedora. IIRC the big codec-settings
struct thats exposed by the ABI has a bool in it. I think the proper
fix is to just not use bool for anything exposed by the ABI, use a
char or an int, as bool is a C99/C++ thing and compilers may behave
differently depending on if they're set to C99 or C++ mode, or even
support C99 at all. (cough MSVC cough)

This is probably a good time to sort this all out. :P