Re: firewalld - A firewall daemon with D-BUS interface providing a dynamic firewall (test version)

The project design (code and interface) seems to be very influenced by
NetworkManager, but both code and design wise that project has flaws
that Dan and others have spent a lot of time undoing.  I don't want to
see the same mistakes made 5 years later =)

>From a UI side, if your first cut is just replacing
system-config-firewall, that seems more than enough, no?  How the
firewall controls/design integrates with GNOME 3 networking would need
someone with actual experience design, but I am just trying to avoid a
regression here with yet another part of the OS taking up 22 pixels of
screen space permanently.  You can use the notification system for
transient issues, but I'm *very* skeptical of anything here that isn't
just on/off.

>From the code side, I think the NM "session" configuration basically
hasn't worked; the new NM code will be all system settings.  In
particular how it works with fast user switching is pretty suboptimal.