Re: abrt wishlist

On Wed, 22.12.10 12:25, Jiri Moskovcak (jmoskovc@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> Hi Lennart,
> I remember it and it's in our TODO list, but has a low priority, so
> that's why it's taking so long and we can prioritize this if needed.
> Btw, ABRT has a dbus interface, but probably not flexible enough to use
> with systemctl - it can give you the list of all crashes and then you
> would have to search for the specific crash "manually" and it doesn't
> provide an introspection, so you would have to either read the code or I
> can send you API description. And since systemctl is the only
> application which wants to use it you can send me your idea of how
> exactly you imagine to call it from systemctl and I can work on it
> during Christmas holiday and make the API according to your idea..

Basically, what I want is something that I can use to find the abrt
crash dump for a specific SIGCHLD signal systemd gets delivered due to a
service coredumping. The D-Bus lookup function I'd like to call hence
should have as parameters the PID plus the starttime of the process
(which is probably better than the PID plus the crash timestamp, which
necessarily would be inaccurate, but I guess would work too), which
together should be a reasonably unique way to identify a process. This
function should then return to me information about the crash which can
be used to find the way from systemctl to the abrt crash dump viewer
(for example, I'd be happy if you could suggest a way how to construct a
command line from these parameters which can be used to open the
graphical abrt viewer for the crash dump -- (is there even a text-only way
to introspect crash dumps?)

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.