Re: Is there any value to per-Fedora branch ACLs?

Jesse Keating wrote, at 12/08/2010 03:20 AM +9:00:
> While I'm looking into the git setup and ACLs and all this, I have a
> question.
>
> Is anybody seeing any real value of having different commit ACLs per
> Fedora branch?  I've seen some argument for EPEL vs Fedora, but is there
> real value in ACLs for f13, f14, devel, etc...?

There can be a case that F-13 package and F-14 package are completely
"different", even if the packages have the same name.

For example there may be a case that a package of older version
shipped in F-13 is written in perl, and new version shipped in F-14 is complete
rewritten in python (and I know one example, and for this case
re-review request for newer python version was submitted by the person
who was not the primary maintainer of perl version). In this case
for F-13 it may be reasonable that perl-sig is added in watchcommits,
however on F-14 it is perhaps meaningless. And even they may want to
change primary maintainer between these two (although for this case
the primary maintainer did not change finally).

Regards,
Mamoru