Re: GCC bug 634757 F14 rebuild status

On 12/1/10 2:57 AM, Stepan Kasal wrote:
> Hello,
>
>> libglade-java - kasal - failed build
>> libgnome-java - kasal - failed build
>> libgtk-java - kasal - failed build
>
> these packages, together with cairo-java, glib-java, libgconf-java,
> and libvte-java are part of java-gnome project.
>
> The versions we distribute were considered obsolete by the upstream
> even five years ago, when they were used to develop frysk.
>
> The subsequent version of java-gnome is undergoing package review
> these years, if I recall correctly.  This time as one package, named
> java-gnome.
>
> Because of this issues, I have not only orphaned the packages, I have
> even pressed the button labeled "Retire".
>
> Have a nice day,
> 	Stepan

Unfortunately you didn't do this prior to F14 being released.  Therefor
these packages exist in Fedora 14 and cannot be removed.  The versions
of them that do exist were built using a GCC that could lead to problems
in the software.  It would be irresponsible to leave them as is.  I
don't really understand why a simple rebuild failed for these packages,
likely some movement in the buildroot contents.  But I need somebody
with more knowledge of the code base to attempt the build and translate
the error.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!