Re: old_testing_critpath notifications

On 2010-11-29, Rahul Sundaram <metherid@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 11/29/2010 08:04 PM, Petr Pisar wrote:
>> I do not get the idea why I should filter some irrelevant mails if
>> better is to not sent them. Especially if I cannot solve the subject of
>> the mail. Yeah, the subject is somobody does not did his job. I cannot
>> imagine the knowledge would help me in my packager duties.
>
> I am sorry but "somebody does not did his job"?  It is not the "job" of
> anyone to test packages for you.  They are merely helping out and we
> will get more help if we express gratitude instead of a sense of
> entitlement.

I do not accuse anybody not duing his job. I just complain the mails are
absolutly irrelevant from point of view of package maintainer who pushed
the package. You can replace the `job' with `expected duty' or `role'.

I could worry about my packages not being stabilized, however that would
be all I could do and it would have no effect. Frankly, I don't care
about stable-status of my packages as that are Fedora rules that draw
line between packager and tester `duties' in package update. I could
become proven tester to test (not only) my own packages, however such
cheating would be silly.

-- Petr