Re: gaim depends on tcl

Pete Zaitcev wrote:
I could understand if gaim spec had a scriptlet which parsed the output
of ./configure and set something like %wehavetcl, then added a Requires
like the above. But this is not what is happening. Can you enlighten me
about the magic workings in the case of gaim?

I was thinking about disabling tcl support in Fedora's gaim entirely. We have already done it with xchat before FC1 and nobody seemed to complain.

gaim upstream says that nothing they ship uses it. If nobody says "WAIT!!!" within the next day or so it will be done in rawhide.

Warren