Re: bugzilla bugzappers?

On Thu, 2010-11-04 at 13:28 +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:

> > So can someone please explain my why I should continue to try to
> > improve Fedora by reporting bugs ?
>
> Glad you ask this. The bugzapping script is stupid. It asks the reporter
> for NEEDINFO when in fact it ought to ask WTF has the packager not
> responded since Fedora 12?

you're looking at it through a 'moral' framework when the important
thing is the 'practical' framework. :) The practical point is that F12
is about to go EOL which means the bug must be closed...UNLESS it's
still present in later releases. It's the reporter who is most likely to
be able to say whether it is, therefore, we ask the user to check and
update the bug, not the maintainer. It may be 'fairer' to set needinfo
maintainer, but the result sure wouldn't be as good in practical terms,
because the maintainer is less likely than the user to actually be
able/inclined to provide the required data.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey