ABRT opt-out? (Re: bugzilla bugzappers?)

On Thu, 4 Nov 2010, Christoph Wickert wrote:

> How would you do that? A popup in ABRT that reads
>
>              "Sorry, but the maintainer of this package
>              has decided to not accept any bug reports."
>
> I think this would be a *really* bad user experience.

If telling the truth about Open Source development decisions
provide a '*really* bad user experience', the packager and the
hosting project has to decide

 	if a fork is in order, and if they can credibly do it; or

 	to remove the package and explain why; or

 	if it is such an immensely popular package that one 'CANNOT'
omit it [firefox and the Mozilla Foundation's approach on
trademarks comes to mind], still document a URL to the problem
in the popup on a pre package basis

Concealing and hiding from the truth (lying to one-self and
others about reality) can scarcely be called 'being excellent
to one another' or to the community toard which advocacy and
service are being targetted, no?

-- Russ herrold