Re: trademarks [was: xulrunner 2.0 in rawhide (F15) bundles several system libs]

Nathaniel McCallum wrote:
> I don't see any conflict between Fedora's policy and Mozilla's policy.
> Both say that if you redistribute and change code you have to
> re-trademark.  Those policies are fair and sensible.  We can either
> patch and re-trademark Firefox or ship upstream.  One of the values of
> Fedora is stay close to upstream.  Another value is the Firefox brand.
> This is a no-brainer choice for Fedora: ship upstream Firefox.  I really
> can't believe this thread is as long as it is.

It's not a no-brainer at all, because, as you say:

> The only possible room for debate that I see is that there is, in
> Firefox, a potential conflict between our "ship upstream" and "don't
> bundle libs" values.  We have FESco to sort that out.

and because that's a MUST policy whereas staying close to upstream is a
SHOULD. So IMHO the no-brainer is that the MUST policy has to be followed
and that Firefox must be rebranded if that's the only way to follow it.

        Kevin Kofler