Self Introduction: David Allison

1. Full Legal Name: David Stephen Allison

2. Country, City: USA, San Ramon, CA

3. Profession: software engineer

4. Company: I currently work for PathScale Inc.

5. My Goals: I have developed a new language that would make a nice addition to
the languages supported by Fedora. My initial goal is to get the language included
into the Fedora extras project and hopefully see it used.

6. Historical Qualifications: I have 16 years experience working in software engineering.
My previous employers include British Telecom, Digital Equipment and Sun Microsystems.
While at Sun, I worked in the labs as a team leader on a very large Verilog simulation
project.

I have been a computer hobbyist for many years, starting out on the Sinclair ZX80, and
on through the BBC Micro, Acorn Archimedes and RISC PC, and now Mac OS X
and Linux. I have written and sold C and C++ development systems for Acorn
machines, the first one being Beebug C for the BBC Micro and after that I
wrote Easy C/C++ for the Acorn ARM based machines. These were all written
in assembly language.

My latest pet project was Aikido, an interpreted prototyping and scripting language
that I developed while as Sun. It is available as open source and I would like
to see it used. (http://aikido.bkbits.net)

I am familiar with the C family of languages, mainly C++ and assembly languages
(6502, ARM, SPARC and now x86). I am a keen compiler writer with many years
of experience in all aspects of compilers and languages.

7. GPG KEYID and fingerprint

[dhcp-166:~] dallison% gpg --fingerprint 6c30eda2
pub 1024D/6C30EDA2 2004-03-19 David Allison (Dave) <david.allison@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Key fingerprint = A910 222E D388 BCBF B12A 4F3C 12C4 5E47 6C30 EDA2
sub 1024g/A64DC009 2004-03-19

Dave