Re: Grrr... modprobe.conf

W dniu 20 września 2010 20:47 użytkownik drago01 <drago01@xxxxxxxxx> napisał:
> 2010/9/20 Michał Piotrowski <mkkp4x4@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> W dniu 20 września 2010 20:03 użytkownik drago01 <drago01@xxxxxxxxx> napisał:
>>> Why?
>>> The file is obsolete for a while now, apps that rely on it if any
>>> should crash and burn and use the proper interface (/etc/modprobe.d)
>>> I can't think of a reason why "someone will change this again".
>>
>> In the same way that someone reverted a vulnerability fix in kernel
>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/09/15/linux_kernel_regression_bug/
>
> Err.... by that logic we can't fix a bug ever because someone might
> revert the fix. (Or I am missing what you are trying to say).

I mean, fix can not be reduced to ignoring this file in modprobe,
because this case is not a modprobe problem. You can try to fix this
issue in modprobe, but such a solution can not be fully entrust :)

Sorry, my English will never be good enough to enough clearly
formulate thoughts :)

Regards,
Michal