Re: Linux and application installing

On 17 September 2010 16:39, FlorianFesti <ffesti@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> open the payload and unpack the content of the desktop files...

I got told by infrastructure this would take too much bandwidth and
too much time to do on each compose. Apparently the link between the
machine doing the compose and the mirror is slow. I forget, as there
were technical roadblocks put in place to every different idea I could
come up with. Even incremental updates of the application metadata
would mean we had to keep around a copy of the metadata from the
previous run, which wasn't any good either.

Richard.