Re: NM during install - howto setup on boot?

On Tue, 2010-09-07 at 17:00 -0400, Jon Masters wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-09-07 at 16:57 -0400, Jon Masters wrote:
>
> > I was participating in the Systemd Fedora Test Day and installed the
> > latest Fedora 14 build. I found a few problems (I will file bugs) but
> > before I file a bug about NetworkManager, can someone please tell me how
> > I'm supposed to configure it during install such that the interface will
> > come up automatically on the *first* boot, without logging in?
> >
> > I decided I'd give NM a chance to do this rather than replace it
> > instantly with "network", so I created a new connection in addition to
> > the "auto eth0" and added the appropriate parameters within Anaconda (by
> > running the NM configuration, through clicking "Advanced"). There did
> > not appear to be a "start on boot" option that I missed.
>
> It seems the connection called "rawhide.bos.jonmasters.org" that I
> created during installation did not persist, and then after creating
> another connection with the same name, NetworkManager crashed. I will
> file a bug. Meanwhile, if this was supposed to work, let me know.

The expected way to do this is to use the config window in Anaconda,
create a new connection set up the way you want, check "Connect
automatically" and "Available to all users", then hit Apply.

If that causes NM to crash for some reason, let's definitely get the
syslog output and the specific configuration you tried to enter and
we'll see what we can figure out.

Dan