Re: systemd and cgroups: heads up

On Thu, 26.08.10 13:04, Daniel J Walsh (dwalsh@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> > Dan, *could* systemd as it stands provide what you need for sandboxes?
> >

> I don't know.  My goal with sandbox was to allow users to startup
> sandboxes in such a way that they could be still killed.
>
> Is there a way in cgroups to say
>
> dwalsh gets 80% CPU
> Then allow dwalsh to specify sandboxes can only use 80% of His CPU.  So
> he can kill them.

systemd is not a tool to set up anything like a sandbox or even
something that resembles a container or VM. systemd uses cgroups only to
the level that there is a 1:1 relationship between services and cgroups,
and does not get beyond that. That makes it not particularly useful for
Dan's usecase I believe.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.