Re: Fedora Notifications System.

Mahmoud Abdul Jawad wrote:
> 3. keep a history of the notifications
> 4. max. number of notifications at the time
> 5. click able notifications
> 6. stackable notifications

I think that, at least on KDE, you really want to leave that stuff to the
KNotify system, it already does all this stuff well. Only for point 5, you
have to set some actions and handle the signals KNotify sends you. In
principle, it's also possible to disable notifications of a given class
(e.g. the one you'd define and use for the Fedora notifications) in KNotify,
but it makes more sense to be able to disable the whole thing, including the
fetching, it's no use fetching data just to have the resulting notifications
eaten by KNotify at the user's request, that's why I didn't include your
point 1 in the above list.

        Kevin Kofler