Re: systemd and filesystems with noauto

Lennart Poettering wrote:
> Well, we took the liberty to interpret noauto a little bit differently
> than you: everything marked "auto" will be mounted at boot, and boot
> will not proceed until all devices listed as auto appeared and are fully
> mounted (or things timed out). File systems marked as "noauto" won't
> delay the boot process if they aren't, but they'll still be mounted when
> they are plugged in, regardless whether that is at boot or during
> runtime.
>
> i.e. "auto" → wait for this on boot; "noauto" → don't delay boot for this.

This is not a reinterpretation, but rather completely new semantics that
differ from existing documentation on a variety of UNIX and UNIX-like
systems, including Fedora itself:

Fedora:  "‘‘noauto’’ (do not mount when "mount -a" is given, e.g., boot
time)"
FreeBSD:  "If the option ``noauto'' is specified, the file system will
not be automatically mounted at system startup."
OpenBSD and Mac OS X:  "The option ``auto'' can be used in the
``noauto'' form to cause a file system not to be mounted automatically
(with mount -A or mount -a, or at system boot time)."

Please implement noauto as documented and assign these new semantics to
another option.