Re: broken dependencies caused by GNOME bouncing between 3 and 2.x without any advance notice

On Thu, 2010-08-19 at 16:24 +0200, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> Dear GNOME maintainers,
> I would appreciate it if you announced changes that cause broken
> dependencies.

Ah, so you admit to not reading FESCo summaries :-).
On a more serious note: I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

This delay has hit us at a particularly bad time, right after the branch
and during alpha freeze, so it took longer than it should have to clean
things up. Sending out announcements for individual soname bumps was a
bit unfeasible due to the amount of change, and due to the fact that
this happening after the branch means that things are staged and delayed
by bodhi, so they hit the buildroot at somewhat unpredictable times.

Again, I'm sorry. Maybe it makes you feel better to know that I am
feeling the same pain as you, but not for an individual package, but for
all of GNOME...

Matthias