Re: Cleaning up "Preferred Applications" & Desktop Consistency

Simon Perreault wrote:
Font Bigger
CTRL+= Shortcut (proposed)
CTRL=+ Alternate (proposed)
This simple change would make it behave exactly like Mozilla's defaults.

Everyone agrees that this should be done. I will investigate methods to do it.

Committed to CVS.

Clear Location Bar
Ctrl+L Shortcut (proposed)
Simple addition makes it behave very similar to Mozilla.

In KDE 3.1, that shortcut was present.

Committed to CVS.

Full Screen Mode
Ctrl+Shift+F Shortcut
F11 Alternate (proposed)
Simple addition makes it behave like Mozilla and Internet Explorer while
retaining the previous shortcut.

I'm fully in favor of this.

Committed to CVS.

Activate Next Tab
Ctrl+. Shortcut
Ctrl+] Alternate
Ctrl+PageDown (proposed)

There is no way to add a third shortcut. One of the others has to go. But they are both KDE-wide standards. This will require a bit more work and discussion, which I will get to in may, when school's over.

New Tab
Ctrl+Shift+N Shortcut
Ctrl+T Alternate (proposed)

Committed to CVS, and to much acclaim backported to 3.2.1 branch. Should be available in the 3.2.1 release.

Upstream KDE rules. ;)

--
Simon Perreault <nomis80@xxxxxxxxxxx> -- http://nomis80.org