Re: [Test-Announce] Fedora 14 Alpha RC3 Available Now!

Chris Ball wrote:
> This should be unsurprising, because the stated objectives of the
> Fedora project as a whole don't agree with you either:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Objectives
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Staying_close_to_upstream_projects

Those same objectives say that Fedora should "be on the leading edge of free
and open source technology". To me, this includes shipping a great new
technology such as LZMA SquashFS, without waiting for the upstream kernel.
"Staying close to upstream projects" isn't without exceptions either. In
addition, another objective of Fedora is to "include a wide range of
packages", so we should support technologies which allow us to ship more
packages on our live images.

Basically, we're missing out on an important new feature and shipping less
featureful live images than we could for purely political reasons. :-(

        Kevin Kofler