Re: [Test-Announce] Fedora 14 Alpha RC3 Available Now!

Jaroslav Reznik wrote:

> On Wednesday, August 11, 2010 04:28:07 pm Michał Piotrowski wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> 2010/8/11 Andre Robatino <robatino@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> > Fedora 14 Alpha RC3 is now available [1].  Please refer to the
>> > following pages for download links and testing instructions.
>>
>> I downloaded
>> http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/nightly-composes/desktop/desktop-
x86_
>> 64-20100810.15.iso - it is too large to fit on the CD.
>
> Same for Plasma Desktop ISO - we are oversized now, we know it.

FYI, what he calls the "Plasma Desktop ISO" is the KDE-Live spin. KDE
upstream now wants people to refer to "KDE" only when talking about the
project, the desktop is the "Plasma Desktop" or "KDE Plasma Desktop", the
libraries are the "KDE Development Platform", the applications are the "KDE
Applications" and the whole thing is the "KDE Software Compilation" (but
upstream prefers it if people are specific about what parts of the
compilation they talk about rather than just using s/KDE/KDE SC/g).

We hope that we will be able to meet the size constraints for the KDE
(Plasma Desktop) spin for the Beta and Final. We just had other priorities
for the Alpha.

        Kevin Kofler