Re: Some questions about on Fedora

Le 07/08/2010 19:17, Liang Suilong a écrit :

> The first one, as we know, mysql-gui-tools has retired since Fedora 13
> because of many bugs. MySQL Workbench will take the place of
> mysql-gui-tools. Now MySQL Workbench 5.2.26 GA released. Could review
> request continue? The last comments said that mysql-workbench should
> remove two bulbed libraries. Is it OK? And Remi has packaged
> mysql-workbench on his personal repo. I hope this tool will get into
> Fedora repo soon.

There is 2 "packaging" issues with the actual package on my repo.

1/ bundle scintilla / silvercity.

Scintilla upstream doesn't take care of ABI and only build a static
library (no shared lib, no soname management).

Silvercity use (and extends) a patched version of scintilla.

So, I think for this 2 libraries, using the bundled version is the
solution. There is already some app, in the fedora repo which use a
static version of scintilla.

2/ MySQL Connector C++

I also have a RPM ready for this library, but Workbench doesn't use a
stable version, but a bazaar snapshot

818 for 5.2.22
819 for 5.2.24
888 for 5.2.26

I think this is really difficult to maintain (specially if other apps
also need this lib).

The spec files are available on :
http://github.com/remicollet/remirepo/tree/master/mysql-connector-c%2B%2B/
http://github.com/remicollet/remirepo/tree/master/mysql-workbench/

If someone want to care of this reviews, and if ausil agree, I will
submit them.

Regards.