Re: Fedora 14 Alpha Can Still Ship on Time IF these bugs get attention TODAY

David Malcolm said the following on 08/05/2010 11:55 AM Pacific Time:
> On Thu, 2010-08-05 at 11:46 -0700, John Poelstra wrote:
>> Tom "spot" Callaway said the following on 08/05/2010 10:08 AM Pacific Time:
>>>
>>> The update to fix this one out is here:
>>>
>>> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/selinux-policy-3.8.8-10.fc14
>>>
>>> ~spot
>>
>> That's excellent information to put in the bug.
>
> Bodhi does this automatically if you add the bug number to the update
> when you create it [1]; not sure if it does it when adding a bug to an
> already-created update.

The biggest time consumer for me (and several people behind the scenes)
this release (actually it probably happens every release, but I haven't
taken this active a role before) has been pinging bugs where there is
not enough information tell what is going on.

There has to be a better way.

If each person took a minute or two to add a comment of "what the next
step is" or what they are waiting for, we'd have a much clearer picture
of where the release stands.

The alternatives are to do nothing and miss our dates or spam the list
and ping bugs until we get to the finish line.  Flags, better tooling,
or more blocker meetings aren't the solution--people communicating
proactively is.

Are there any other things I can do to help make this go more smoothly?

Are there any other people willing to formally step up and help me do this?

John