Re: Testing Fedora? Please enable SELinux if you can

OK, an update. I reinstalled F13, added Picasa 3 from the Google repo.
It does run although it triggers tens of SELinux alerts about
mmap_zero on "unknown".

The messages are pretty confusing really, they are complaining about
"unknown", They say I need to change booleans to allow the access and
give the command to change mmap_low_allowed. But there is no mention
of the more appropriate sounding wine_mmap_zero_ignore boolean that is
mentioned on Dan's blog... Apart from that the corner of the
troubleshoot browser shows "Error while checking policy version". It
does all look a bit suspicious!

I don't want to enable mmap_low just yet as it sounds like there might
be a better option. But I don't want to set the boolean to ignore the
alerts. For all I know there might be some feature of Picasa that I
haven't tried yet that requires mmap_low to be enabled - I will keep
an eye open for crashes and bad behaviour. I think I will have to live
with the ever growing list of alerts while it isn't clear what action
to take for the best..

There is a problem with Picasa3 that prevents signing in to web
albums... I found a hacky fix which involves copying wineinet.dll.so
from the system wine over the Google one. That enables web album
access. I take it this bug is well and truly in the Google domain.

Out of interest I ran the restorecon command with -n to see what it
would have changed and there was very little:

# restorecon -nRv /opt
restorecon reset
/opt/google/picasa/3.0/wine/lib/wine/google-wininet.dll.so context
unconfined_u:object_r:lib_t:s0->system_u:object_r:textrel_shlib_t:s0
restorecon reset /opt/google/picasa/3.0/wine/drive_c/Program
Files/Google/Picasa3/runtime/distro.ini context
unconfined_u:object_r:rpm_script_tmp_t:s0->system_u:object_r:usr_t:s0

Next I ran the Spotify installer and saw more alerts. The browser
suggested the boolean solution again. When running the spotify binary
I got another alert that suggested chcon -t textrel_shlib_t on the
spotify.exe file. Yet Spotify seemed to work even without this. Again
I'm not sure what to do for the best.

-Cam