Re: Can anyone contact Balint Christian (rezso)?

On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 21:13:21 +0800, Chen wrote:

> It seems a considerable amount of packages in fedora don't update for
> years.

If you find any, open a ticket and mention the new release.

> I think we should add some policy to address those unmaintained
> packages,

There is the non-responsive maintainer policy already.

> currently even provenpackager are not allowed to commit
> those packages diretly.

It can't be repeated often enough: We need maintainers for each and every
package in the collection. To have packages and bug reports assigned to an
inactive person A with provenpackager B doing random upgrades from time to
time is a broken system. B ought to become the maintainer instead. And C
and D and E in the community also ought to consider joining the package's
team of maintainers, too.