Re: Gnome 3 delayed

2010/7/29 Michał Piotrowski <mkkp4x4@xxxxxxxxx>:
> 2010/7/29 Chris Jones <chrisjones@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>>
>> I'm not going to pretend that I'm not pleased about the delay. I plan
>> to keep using G2 for as long as I possible can, long after the Gnome 3
>> release.
>
> Is it possible to disable gnome-shell in the gnome 3? Or because it is
> not the case you want to continue to use gname 2?
>
> Regards,
> Michal
>
> BTW. I know how difficult this transition can be - I still do not like
> kde 4 when I liked a kde 3...
> --

I just don't like the direction that Gnome development is heading with
G3. And I think that the changes being made are unnecessary to move
the desktop environment forward. I prefer a more less intrusive and
simplified desktop such as G2 in its current form.

I also agree with your KDE3 versus KDE4 comments. I much liked KDE3.
And am not a great fan of KDE4 although it is finally starting to
mature. I am currently using KDE4.4.4 with 2.6.34 kernel and I have to
admit that it is very snappy indeed. Much snappier than some of the
earlier iterations of KDE4.

Regards

--
http://home.comcen.com.au/foxmulder881/signature/details.html