Python 2.7 status: python2.7 is in dist-f14

Rawhide (dist-f14) now has python 2.7

Many thanks to everyone who helped get us this far!

Jesse and I moved 931 builds [1] from dist-f14-py27-rebuild to dist-f14
about 45 minutes ago.  If I'm reading the Koji logs correct [2] [3],
these packages are now available in the buildroot for F14, so further
builds for "devel" will be against python 2.7

A further 26 builds in dist-f14-py27-rebuild had newer builds in
rawhide, so we'll need to rebuild these; some are important e.g. yum and
anaconda (see [1] again).

Packages should now be built into rawhide, rather than to the
dist-f14-py27-rebuild target.

AdamW did some testing earlier using the py27 tag: "quick summary,
preliminary findings: we can update a bare f13 live install pretty much
okay, we can compose an f14 live pretty much okay (but can't test if it
boots due to unrelated issues)" ; I've also been testing in runlevel3 on
a rawhide box upgraded to the tag, and using it successfully as a
development host for fixing other builds.  However, this may be impacted
by the newer builds mentioned above.

We briefly got down to 99 failing rebuilds, but there was a flaw in my
original mass-rebuild method: I had only rebuilt packages with a
requirement on:
  python(abi) = 2.6
which didn't catch packages with a requirement on:
  libpython2.6.so.1.0

I ran a script to rebuild anything with the second criterion that I'd
missed; these mostly succeeded, but there were some new failures.

This brings the total number of failing rebuilds to 108:
http://dmalcolm.fedorapeople.org/python-packaging/failures-2010-07-27-04.html
with some new people listed there.

...plus the re-rebuilds mentioned above.  I need food and sleep, so I
plan to look at these rebuilds tomorrow.

Common rebuild issues (in no particular order):
  - gcc44 -> 45 changes
  - gtk issues (being discussed on desktop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
though I believe most of the gtk folks are at GUADEC)
  - swig 1 -> swig 2 changes
  - configure.ac files that list python 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 but not 2.7
  - any actual python 2.6 -> 2.7 issues (seemingly few of these so far)
  - boost, perhaps?  (looks like we need to rebuild again for the SONAME
bump)

See also:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Python_2.7

Hope this all makes sense