Python 2.7 rebuild status

- various BuildRequires are now available in the 2.7 Koji tag:
  - boost and openmpi  (thanks oget!)
  - subversion (I took the liberty of applying a workaround for this)
  - kdebindings
  - gstreamer-python

Many thanks to everyone who's helped out with this!

I've uploaded the current status of the failing builds to:
http://dmalcolm.fedorapeople.org/python-packaging/failures-2010-07-25-01.html

Please can you review your packages and try to build them:
  koji build dist-f14-py27-rebuild $(make cvsurl)
or
  make srpm
  koji build --scratch dist-f14-py27-rebuild SRPM-FILE
to do a trial run.

Hopefully it will work.

Otherwise, please add notes on https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Python_2.7 if you're blocked on another package, or on an issue that isn't part of your package, or if you want help.  I'll be around on #fedora-python on Freenode tomorrow onwards.

There are already lots of notes on packages and common problems on that page, so you might want to look at that page first.

Some common problems:
  - We're seeing a lot of missing GTK header files in builds: I'm guessing this may be fallout from the GTK 2 -> GTK 3 change (same problem happens building against rawhide).
  - There's a bug in gnome-introspection's .gir generator (it unknowingly used a bug in python 2.6 and is thus broken by the fix in 2.7), so anything that builds .gir files is broken.  (see bug 617782)

I hope to look at these next (help from GTK experts would be much appreciated - see the wiki page)

If you do run into one of these problems, please make a note of it on the wiki (so that when the issue gets fixed we can quickly build all of the packages that were blocked by it).

The dist-f14-py27-rebuild koji tag is slightly ahead of rawhide, but development goes on, and I don't want too much drift between the two.  So I'm hoping that we can move all of these builds into rawhide before the branch for F14 happens (Tuesday, I believe).  Obviously this means having something that works well enough for alpha...

Thanks; hope this all makes sense.
Dave