Re: Make pkgdb grant co-maintainer status automatically? (was Re: Non-responsive maintainer fast track procedure for libsndfile)

On 07/07/10 20:16, Thomas Spura wrote:
> To get such a button, to apply for becoming real maintainership makes
> this possible and is the easiest way, because it doesn't need e.g. a
> fast track procedure or anyone agreeing from fesco or anyone to change
> it manually in pkgdb.
>
> When you have another solution for this, let me hear. :)
I have an idea that people who spent the hard yards to create a
package/improve it enough to get into fedora are proud of their
accomplishment - for non-prolific packagers, like my self, having
yourself listed as maintainer can be a bit of status symbol.

Having to officially say I don't want that any more would not be easy.

It would be good if the package db grew a history of (co)maintainers:
Package developed: 2007-06-01 fschepsi
Retired maintainers:
2009-12-06 -> 2010-04-13 bcandoit
2008-07-01 -> 2009-09-13 jbloggers

Anymay, just wanting to put a view from a basic (<10 packages) maintainer.