Python 2.7 rebuild: maintainer help needed (please!)

I've been running mass rebuilds of python-using packages against python
2.7 [1]

We're now down to 202 failing builds, so I'm attaching a by-maintainer
report on them.

Please can you review the list and see if there's anything that needs
fixing in your packages.

Many of these are due to dependencies failing (or not being available in
the buildroot); this typically manifests with a failure in "root.log",
with some of the deps wanting python2.6, which isn't available anymore.

If that's the case, please make a note of what your packages are waiting
for on the wiki page:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Python_2.7#Packages_waiting_on_other_packages

If the failure happens in "build.log" you may have to do some
investigation/patching.  Sometimes it's as simple as a hardcoded "2.6"
in a %files manifest that needs to be generalized (e.g. to "2.*")

Some notes on Python 2.6 -> 2.7 differences can be seen here:
http://docs.python.org/dev/whatsnew/2.7.html#porting-to-python-2-7

If you run into difficulties, let me know (I'm on #fedora-python on
Freenode as "dmalcolm", or send a reply to this email).

Currently rawhide still has python 2.6, so you have to build into the
target "dist-f14-py27-rebuild" i.e.

  koji build [options] dist-f14-py27-rebuild SRPM-OR-URL

The way I've been doing these manual rebuilds is to run this from a CVS
checkout of "devel":
  koji build dist-f14-py27-rebuild $(make cvsurl)
so that it rebuilds from the CVS tag into the correct
"dist-f14-py27-rebuild" target.

Q: How long does it take to populate the buildroot with a rebuilt
package?
A: It can take a while: as I understand it, once a build succeeds, a
"newRepo" koji task starts (unless one is already running) and that can
take a while.  Only when that's done does the buildroot have the new rpm
to build against.  I believe for a rebuilt package "foo" to be available
in a build of package "bar" there has to be a newRepo task that started
after the build of "foo" finished, and has finished before the buildArch
part of "bar"'s build starts (roughly).

Hope this makes sense; please let me know if anything's unclear.
Dave

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Python_2.7 and
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Python_2.7/MassRebuild

202 failed builds: