Re: [HEADS-UP] The systemd unit files I'll post

tor 2010-07-15 klockan 08:58 +0200 skrev Till Maas:

> How are the /etc/sysconfig/<service> files now used? E.g. on F12 ntpd
> drops privs to ntp:ntp according to /etc/sysconfing/ntpd, but
> ntpd.service file seems not to do something like this.

So how about this:

If /etc/sysconfig/<service> exists and contains any line that's not a
comment, empty or only whitespace, then systemd should fall back to the
SysV script.

Then push updates to the packages containing the sysconfig files and
start scripts such that the variables are commented out in the sysconfig
file and the default values are set in the start script instead, before
sourceing the sysconfig file.

In case the admin modifies the sysconfig file and then updates the
system to use systemd, that sysconfig file won't be replaced and will
probably contain something that triggers systemd to fall back to SysV
style there.

/Alexander