Re: [HEADS-UP] The systemd unit files I'll post

On Thu, 15.07.10 13:08, Bill Peck (bpeck@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> On 07/15/2010 12:02 PM, Chris Adams wrote:
> > Once upon a time, Simo Sorce<ssorce@xxxxxxxxxx>  said:
> >
> >> We have a bug open with CUPS trying to generate SSL certs on the first
> >> connections, being too slow and causing the client to timeout.
> >> So no, you can't make assumptions here.
> >>
> > Dovecot generating its SSL parameters can take 10 seconds on the first
> > startup, so that would be another one with a problem.
> >

> What about generating these in %post of the rpm install?  Seems to make
> sense to me.

As pointed out in my other mail this might be a prob if you boot
multiple systems from the same hdd image, because they will then all get
the same ssl cert.

But again, I think the right approach to tackle this prob is to generate
them at install time by default and then have central switch which
people can used to regenrate tem at boot time if they find that funny...

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.