Re: atmel drivers in the main distro?

msevior@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 12:32:00 -0600
From: Steven Pritchard <steve@xxxxxxxxx>
To: fedora-devel-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: atmel drivers in the main distro?

On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 03:30:50AM +1100, msevior@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:

Is there a reason the atmel wireless drivers are not distributed with
the
main Fedora disto?

There are a lot of wireless drivers that aren't integrated into the
kernel.  I'd suggest bugging the upstream developers about getting
their driver into Linus's tree.

In the mean time, there are other open-source wireless drivers in
fedora.us QA (at least my kernel-module-hostap package and a
kernel-module-prism54 package I noticed yesterday).  I'd love to see
more.  (Actually, I'd love to see the existing ones make it through QA
even more.  :-)

Steve

It certainly makes sense for the these to be rolled into the 2.4 and 2.6 kernels.

So what the best route to do this? How do I let whoever know that the
atmel drivers WorksForMe?

I also think these should be put into whatever Kernel Fedora is rolling
for FC 2. Since this is RedHat's perogative, I'll happily email the person
doing this if (s)he isn't reading this list or missed my post.

Cheers

Martin

I would also like to see these drivers integrated. I have the belkin card too.